Applying for Student Housing

Admissions Procedures

The Walker Center for Ecumenical Exchange provides affordable housing for graduate students enrolled in degree programs that relate to topics of peace and social justice. Currently, many of our students are enrolled in area schools of theology; however, in keeping with our mission of hospitality and our goal to create a multicultural, multi-faith living/learning community, we welcome students in other disciplines that fall under the broad umbrella of social justice.

Howard House Admission

Students interested in living at Howard House should contact their admissions representative at Boston University School of Theology.

Barton House Admission

Students interested in living at Barton House should first send a letter of inquiry that includes the name of your graduate school, your intended major, and the timeframe for which you will need housing. Please send that letter to the executive directors Josh and Amy at If there is availability, you will be asked to complete an application form, compose a personal statement and send three personal/professional letters of reference to our Admissions Review Board.

Although we prefer to admit students for the full duration of their course of study, we understand that circumstances change. If there is room availability, we will accept applications on a rolling basis.